Oh, how I love January! It’s a fresh slate. We can take a deep breath and let it out. We are inspired to put the last year behind us and start things off right. Are you feeling a fresh resolve to make 2018 a healthier year? Do you want to join me in making health a priority again? We can do this! With the right tools and our minds in the right place, we can definitely do this.
Today, we are going to talk about having the right tools!
What do you have in your box of tricks that will help you succeed with your goals in 2018? There are lots of resources on Meal Planning Mommies right now that may be helpful to you. The lists and resources on MPM are used by thousands of WW members each day. Whether you are new to our blog or have been with us for a while, you may enjoy having some of these resources at your fingertips. All of the lists and resources in this post have been updated with the new FreeStyle Program in mind.
Let’s talk a little bit about the FreeStyle Program, and then we will get to the lists and resources.
The changes in the WW program were a little easier to navigate this time around, except…
The changes that came with the WW FreeStyle program were a little more subtle than the last change Weight Watchers made a couple of years ago. They weren’t changing an entire system this time, so many things did not change. The design of the new program made it easy to know what to do with individual foods, but we run into problems when we start combining foods. The main challenges we are seeing with the new FreeStyle program revolve around recalculating foods that combine multiple ingredients, like recipes.
This translates all over the place, whether it be on recipe blogs, in cookbooks, or just recipes that you created yourself. From an online standpoint, the challenge now is sorting through the websites that have updated their recipes to the new point system and the ones that have not. While in the grocery store, the challenge becomes learning the SP for packaged foods that include zero point ingredients in them, like soups for instance. When out and about, the challenge presents itself when you are trying to find good choices at restaurants and fast food places.
Here are some of the resources on Meal Planning Mommies that will help with the challenges that have come with the new WW FreeStyle program:
- RESTAURANTS/FAST FOOD PLACES. Whether you are eating at McDonald’s, Taco Bell, or Red Robin we have a long list of foods you can eat that are 10 WW FreeStyle SP or less. LOTS of updates have been made to this list, so you will definitely want to go back and check that one out if you haven’t looked at it in a while. If you are new to our blog, you will be happy to know that you can also print this list off and stick it in your purse or wallet! You may be surprised at how many options there are!
MPM FAST FOOD SURVIVAL GUIDE:
Click on the picture below to be taken to a long list of restaurant and fast food options that are low in WW FreeStyle SmartPoints.
- PACKAGED FOODS. We have updated many of our lists here on MPM. We have a list of breakfast ideas, snack ideas, lunch ideas, desserts, and more. The lists we included are being shared with the intention of giving you LOTS of ideas of things to try that are low in Weight Watchers FreeStyle Smart Points! Some of these lists have had more changes than others since we updated them. Below are just some of our most popular lists…
MPM SMART LISTS WITH FREESTYLE SMART POINTS:
- RECIPES. As far as recipes go, most of our recipes on Meal Planning Mommies have been updated, but there are still some we haven’t gotten to quite yet. You will know if a recipe is giving you the FreeStyle points because where it used to say, “WW SP” it will now say, “WW FreeStyle SP”. As everything gets updated and straightened out, I thought it might be helpful if I put together a list of main entree recipes that are all zero, one, two, or three Weight Watchers FreeStyle Smart Points per serving. We shared this list yesterday. Click on the picture below to be taken to our list of over 50 main entree recipes that are 3 WW SP or lower per serving.
- MEAL PLANS. We have a lot of free meal plans on Meal Planning Mommies, but not all of them have been updated yet, so we thought we would offer you a few to start with that are delicious and low in Smart Points. Here are a couple of our most popular MPM meal plans that have the WW FreeStyle Smart Points included with them. Click on the images below to be taken to the meal plan pictured.
3 WW FRIENDLY MEAL PLANS WITH FREESTYLE SMART POINTS:
- MEAL PLANNING ECOOKBOOKS. The easiest and most efficient resource we have right now on MPM is our meal planning ebooks. We have two on sale currently. Our “Healthy & Happy Fan Favorites” ebook offers four full weeks of meal plans, along with grocery lists and beautiful recipe pages. Our newest ebook, “12 Week Meal Plan Mega Bundle” offers twelve full weeks of meal plans and is designed with a similar layout as our first ebook, allowing you can to build on your MPM library.
Click on the images below to learn more about the ebooks pictured.
I hope some of these resources will be just what you needed to feel like you are in control of your success in 2018. It is truly my joy and privilege to get to do this year with you!