Meal Planning Mommies is a resource that supports moms who are trying to feed their families while sticking to their weight watching plan. We do this by offering encouragement while providing recipes, meal plans, meal planning printables, lists, tips and more!
We hope you will find peace, joy and comfort in your kitchen as you try out our meal plans and recipes, and that what you cook from this website will not only nourish your bodies, but will also bless those you cook for.
Meet Alisha Hughes
I am a wife and a mom to three beautiful young children. I blog full-time now and I am LOVING it! You can read about how MPM got started and how we got to where we are today here.
Here are a couple of things you should know about me:
- Creating and sharing healthy, easy, and tasty recipes is a joy for me and I love that I get to do this blog!
- The recipes I share on here are Weight Watchers friendly, but I do not work for Weight Watchers. The WW FreeStyle Smart Points values and serving sizes are included with my recipes, and are calculated by using the WW recipe builder– not nutrition facts.*
- My goal going into Weight Watchers was to lose 100 pounds. If you want to know more details about my journey with Weight Watchers you can go here. I have not been super good about being consistent, but I keep coming back to it because I know it works.
- I meal plan because it helps me stay on track. When I take a couple of hours at the beginning of each week to meal plan and grocery shop, the rest of my week goes so much smoother. Every day is less stressful because I know what is coming up. Cheaper too, since we aren’t eating out all the time.
- I actually REALLY like to eat out, but I like to cook too. If you like to eat out too you will love our Restaurant and Fast Food Survival Guide!
- I hope my recipes, meal plans, and lists will save you time, alleviate stress, make you more efficient, and help you to enjoy cooking more.
- I am honored that you have let me into your lives! I value your opinion and I love hearing your stories, so feel free to drop me an email anytime you like.
Thanks for going on this journey with me.
For the best of what we have to offer you can check out the MPM store here.
* There is a calculator on the WW app that allows you to plug in the nutrition facts to get the number of Smart Points an individual food is worth. There are 200 zero points foods now so Weight Watchers has created a recipe builder that takes in account zero point foods in a recipe. When using the recipe builder, you enter in each ingredient and the number of servings the recipe makes. Then, the recipe builder calculates the number of Smart Points per serving, factoring in zero point foods. If you are tracking off of nutrition facts, rather than the recipe builder, your Smart Points total will be different than ours. It does take a little bit more time, but I use the recipe builder on here for our recipes to be consistent with what Weight Watchers suggests doing.