We have two things to talk about today. First, we will briefly talk about the newest Meal Planning Mommies ebook that can be pre-ordered starting today, and then we will talk about our next giveaway for the MINI KEURIG coffee maker pictured above.
I have been doing a little research lately, and I found something interesting…
The average number of people per household in America.
If you had to guess how many people lived in the average household in America what would you guess?
If you guessed four people, like I did, you would be wrong. The average household has 2.54 people living in it! In fact, when you look at the statistics from the United States in 2017, 62.4 percent of households had just one or two people living in them! Would you have guessed that?
According to Statista, the breakdown of percentages of how many people live in households in America actually looks more like this:
Statistics from an MPM reader survey in March of 2018.
One of the biggest surprises to me in March, when I did a survey with Meal Planning Mommies readers, was the large number of people who fed dinner to two people! Of those who took the survey, about 50% of them said they fed 1-2 people dinner most nights. Many readers were requesting an eCookbook that would be designed with 2 servings in mind.
I knew I had to do something. I set out to make this Table for Two ebook, and the kind of challenges I ran into made me understand why there was such a need for an ebook like this one that serves two people!
Some of the challenges people who feed two people face…
Some of the feedback I got in our survey earlier this year was from people who fed 1-2 people. Here were some of the things they were saying:
- I want variety. I don’t like making recipes that make 8 servings, because I don’t like eating one food all week long.
- I hate wasting food. If I make a recipe that serves 4-8 people and it doesn’t freeze/reheat well, or if I just plain don’t like the recipe after I make it, I end up wasting lots of food. It’s just not practical.
- I don’t want to have to do the math every time I cook. I can divide all of the ingredients in a recipe, but sometimes that is easier than other times. It’s easy to divide 1 cup of flour, but it is not as easy to halve a can of corn or a package of microwavable rice. It would be great if the math was just already done for me.
- The Smart Points per serving do not always match up when you start dividing ingredients. One of the nice things about MPM recipes and ebooks is that the ingredients have already been entered into the WW Recipe Builder. Unfortunately, the numbers don’t always come out the same when you start dividing things.
- Buying a package of 8 tortillas and only using 2 of them is a waste of food and money. Most meat comes in a 1 pound package, not a half-pound. If there was a way to ensure that one full pound would be used within one week (spread out between two recipes) that would be helpful. This goes back to not wasting food, because when you waste food, you are also wasting money, and who wants that!?
Okay, we talked about the problem. Now let’s get to the solution.
The newest Table For Two ebook has been designed with all of the challenges listed above in mind.
- Variety: By making just 2 servings each night, you get to enjoy a new dinner each day. No repeats for one whole month (of course you can repeat weeks later if you like).
- Wasted food: One pound of ground turkey gets divided between two recipes in a week. If tortillas are used one week, you can use more in a recipe in a later week. Plus, we have included an “Ideas for Leftovers” page at the end of the week, so if you buy too much of something, you are given ideas of ways to use that ingredient in breakfasts, lunches, snacks, desserts, or in a bonus dinner (links to recipes on the blog are included in this section as well).
- Dividing ingredients: The guesswork is taken out off these recipes. There is no need for a calculator. If a recipe says to use 1/2 cup, that is exactly what you should use. Follow the recipe, and you will get two servings.
- Smart Points: Ingredients have been re-figured in the WW recipe builder app, so you will get the correct number of WW SP per serving with the new servings/ingredients ratios.
How much does it cost?
The price of the Table for Two ebook will be $14.99, but those who purchase the ebook between now and October 7 can get it for the early bird price of $10.99.
Those who pre-order before September 29 at midnight can not only get the $10.99 price, but they will also be entered to win the Keurig K-Mini coffee maker. (Pre-ordered ebooks will be sent to the emails of those who purchased them on September 30, 2018)
I will talk more about the ebook later, but for right now I want to tell you about the giveaway…
Keurig K-Mini Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker Giveaway!
I am the only one in my home who drinks coffee. Not only is a big coffee maker not necessary, it’s just not practical in our small kitchen. Needless to say, when I saw this cute little thing at Target, I knew I wanted it…
It took several months before I finally splurged and got myself the beautiful blue coffee maker pictured above. I have been LOVING it! It works just as great as my old (really big) Keurig, but it is way cuter and takes up half of the space. Plus, I was able to gift my old Keurig to my mother who was very excited to take it off my hands since she had never owned a Keurig coffee maker before. 🙂 (Love you, Mom!)
Besides being sleek and adorable, here are some of the other features that make the Mini Keurig amazing:
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces.
- YOUR PERFECT AMOUNT: Brew any cup size between 6-12 ounces.
- ONE CUP RESERVOIR: Just add fresh water for each brew.
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Coffee made in minutes.
- CORD STORAGE: For easy transport and tidy countertops.
After using my mini Keurig for a couple of weeks, and LOVING it, I decided to host a giveaway for it. I wanted to share the love, and this seemed like the perfect time to do it! Since many people who feed 1-2 people dinner also only have 1-2 coffee drinkers in their homes, it just made sense to make this giveaway open to those who would be purchasing the ebook!
These single serve Keurig coffee makers are normally $79.99 at Target, but one of you will get one for free!
Want to see the Single Serve Keurig machine in action?
Click on the image below for a short 41 second video showing the Keurig K-Mini Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker in use:
Here is how this giveaway is going to work:
- Pre-order the Table for Two ebook here between now and September 29, 2018 at midnight.
- By pre-ordering your ebook, you will automatically be entered into the drawing.
- If you are the winner of the Keurig coffee maker, you will get an email on September 30 letting you know you won. If you win, you will pick if you want the Keurig machine in black or in the light blue “Oasis” color, and we will have it shipped to you.
- Plus, everyone who pre-orders the ebook before September 30 will get the ebook sent to their email on September 30, so really everyone is a winner!
If you have questions about the ebook or the giveaway, feel free to drop a comment below, and we will get back to you! Good luck! 🙂