*This post is sponsored by Shop World Kitchen.*
Let me just start by saying that I LOVE today’s knife set giveaway! Way more than I expected to.
This pair of fantastic knives have a high rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, and rightfully so! They can be purchased at ShopWorldKitchen.com for $109.99, but I am happy to tell you that one lucky MPM reader is going to win one pair of knives for free with today’s giveaway!
Has anyone ever told you that a sharp knife is a safe knife?
One thing I learned back in my days of selling Pampered Chef products was that a dull knife was not a safe knife.
The thing was, I didn’t even realize I had dull knives back when I was newly married. I hadn’t put much thought into it though, to be honest. We barely scraped by as it was, so it was a phase of life where we just took what we could get and didn’t fret too much about what we didn’t have. In my sweet young innocence, I thought all knives were basically the same. It wasn’t until I received a brand new, really well-designed knife that I understood the difference between using a sharp knife and a dull knife when it comes time to cutting slippery foods like a tomato, an apple, or raw chicken.
Ahhhh… well, that feels better.
The ease of cutting with a sharp knife, after several years of working with a dull one, will turn you into a believer… indeed, a SHARP knife is a SAFER knife. I like what Heather Solos said on this topic when trying to explain why a sharp knife is safer, “So yes, a sharp knife applied directly to your skin will cause more damage than a dull one; however as cooks rather than cannibals, fingers are not a primary target.” I mean, she’s not wrong. 😉
Our last really nice knife purchase was several years ago. The knives dulled over time, and it was so gradual that I didn’t catch it. It isn’t until we got these new knives that it dawned on me… (gasp!) I have been using some dull knives for a long time now! (oops!) I used my Black Oxide knives when I remade our Grilled Steak and Potato Salad, and it sliced right through the potatoes, tomatoes, and raw steak with no problem at all!
My daughter videotaped me slicing through the potatoes, so you could see the knives at work. Click here to see the video (as an extra bonus you get to hear my son talking about his video game to my other son!) 😉
Real quick, here are a few things you can do to make sure your knives don’t dull any faster than they have to, and then we will get to today’s giveaway…
6 Do’s and Dont’s to keeping your knives sharp:
1. Don’t wash them in the dishwasher. You’ve probably heard this one before. In the dishwasher, knives can get warped and the high-temperatures can damage the metal.
2. Don’t soak knives in the sink. The sink is not only a dangerous spot because of the hard-to-see-through water and lots of other dishes, leaving your knife in the sink can lead to rust.
3. Don’t put them away wet. Wet knives can lead to rust, and putting a wet knife into a knife block can lead to mold and other bacteria.
4. Do use a knife block or magnet strip. When knives are stored unprotected in a drawer, the other utensils in the drawer will nick them over time.
5. Do use wood, plastic, or bamboo cutting boards. Stay away from glass, ceramic, or marble cutting boards that are terrible for knives.
6. Don’t let your knife sit with food residue. Acid (especially from foods like tomatoes or citrus fruits) can corrode the metal, so it’s important to rinse and dry your knife as soon as you are done using it.
Okay, now that you know how to take care of your precious knives if you do win them, let’s talk about today’s giveaway. Our giveaway #4 is this..
Chicago Cutlery has had a great reputation for making quality knives for a long time now. Just do a search on Amazon for “Chicago Cutlery” and you will see that all of their knives and knife sets have a very high rating of at least 4-5 stars out of 5 stars. They are top notch knives.
Introducing PRIME by Chicago Cutlery™ – the World’s Most Responsive Cutlery™
The Chicago Cutlery Prime series knives have all the quality you would expect with Chicago Cutlery, but the style of the handles is an added special feature that sets it apart from the rest. The innovative and ergonomic handle has a Responsive Touch Technology™ (U.S. and International patents pending) that responds to the contour of your hand, giving you more control and comfort as you cut, slice, and dice your foods. You will love the combination of the lightness of the knives and the high quality that you would expect from Chicago Cutlery.
This set contains two of the most essential knives you will need in your kitchen: the chef knife and the paring knife. A perfect blend of form and function, the collection takes knife design to a whole new level with black oxide or stainless steel options. Today we will be doing a giveaway with the black oxide knives. I think the 2-pc. Black Oxide 8″ Chef and 4″ Paring Knife are quite the handsome pair, don’t you ? 🙂
A couple of other features worth mentioning:
- Die-cast steel bolster and handle for rigid support and precise connection with Responsive Touch™ handle
- German MoV Steel Blade: Superior corrosion-resistant properties, strength, and enhanced hardness
- 26-degree, laser-controlled blade provides optimal sharpness and edge retention
- The black oxide finish (not coating) will not chip, peel, or flake off and is stain resistant
These knives are backed up with a full Lifetime Warranty.
What did I tell you about knives dulling over time and needing to be replaced? Well, guess what… World Kitchen promises to repair or replace, or at World Kitchen’s option, exchange for an item of equal or greater value any CHICAGO CUTLERY® knife or shears with defects in material or workmanship for the lifetime of the product. (shock face)
I am slowly falling in love with these knives, and I think you will love them too.
Here’s how to enter the giveaway:
To enter today’s giveaway, provide your email address and answer the question in the giveaway tool below. You will have until 8:59 a.m on December 5 to enter. If you are the winner, you will be notified by email on the morning of December 5, 2017. Good luck to you!
*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free in the hope that I would review it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. See full disclosure here.