This Buffalo Shrimp Salad can be put together in 5 minutes! Yup! You read that right! Five minutes. To make this salad, you just need some lettuce, shrimp, hot sauce, blue cheese, blue cheese dressing, celery, and carrots. One (2-cup serving) is just 4 WW FreeStyle SmartPoints and is full of flavor.
Do you like buffalo chicken?
How about buffalo shrimp?
Have you ever had buffalo shrimp?
For some people, the thought of “buffalo” anything sounds risky…like, is this going to be too hot? The blue cheese and blue cheese dressing tame some of the heat that comes from the buffalo shrimp just a little bit. Add more blue cheese to cool things off, or add more hot sauce to spice things up!
Side note: If you enjoy “buffalo” recipes that use hot sauce, you will love our Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers.
Are you ready to try a new salad?
Here is what you need:
1 tablespoon light butter
1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons hot picante sauce (I used Tapatio picante hot sauce)
1 (6 ounce) bag sweet butter lettuce (This is a mix of green butter lettuce and red leaf lettuce…but any lettuce will do.)
1/2 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
1-2 celery stalks
1/3 cup reduced-fat blue cheese
1/2 cup light blue cheese dressing (I used Ken’s Steak House Lite Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing)
Here is what you do:
Melt butter in a sauté pan set to medium heat. Add shrimp to pan and cook 2 minutes, coating shrimp with the melted butter. Add hot sauce to the pan and toss to coat the shrimp. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix lettuce, carrots, celery, blue cheese, and blue cheese dressing.
Top salad with cooked shrimp.
Makes 4 servings.
One serving is 2 cups salad.
One serving is 4 WW FreeStyle Smart Points.
Simple Buffalo Shrimp Salad
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons hot picante sauce
- 1 6 ounce bag sweet butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1-2 celery stalks
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat blue cheese
- 1/2 cup light blue cheese dressing
- Melt butter in a sauté pan set to medium heat. Add shrimp to pan and cook 2 minutes, coating shrimp with the melted butter. Add hot sauce to the pan and toss to coat the shrimp. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix lettuce, carrots, celery, blue cheese, and blue cheese dressing.
- Top salad with cooked shrimp and serve immediately.
*SmartPoints® calculated by Meal Planning Mommies; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated without Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.