My close friend, Sarah Anderson, who started this blog with me shared this recipe several years ago and I loved it! It’s simple, yet flavorful. Sarah granted me permission to share this recipe with you today, and permission to add it into our next ebook that will be coming out in January 2019! I hope you love it!
You only need four ingredients to make this Reuben Chicken:
- Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island dressing.
The best light Thousand Island dressing.
Since Thousand Island dressing a major component to any “Reuben”, I did a little research to find which light Thousand Island dressing was the most loved. Wish Bone brand got the award. With 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon, this dressing topples over the other brands.
If you are a fan of Reubens, you will love this simple Chicken Reuben recipe. But if you are looking for a Reuben SANDWICH, the Turkey Reuben Sandwiches that are 6 WW FreeStyle SP per sandwich are where it’s at.
Ready for a new way to eat your chicken?
Here is all you need:
1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut
4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 slices Sargento Ultra Thin Baby Swiss cheese slices
3/4 cup Wish Bone Light Thousand Island dressing, divided
Here is what you do:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Pound down chicken to 1/2 inch thick, for quicker and more even cooking time.
Place chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Cover chicken with the sauerkraut (about 1/3 cup on each piece of chicken), 1 slice of Swiss cheese, and 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing, in that order.
The chicken will look like this when it comes out of the oven.
Before serving, drizzle 1 tablespoon extra Thousand Island dressing on each piece of Reuben Chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
One serving is one Reuben chicken.
One serving is 5 WW FreeStyle Smart Points.
4-Ingredient Reuben Chicken
- 1 14 ounce can sauerkraut
- 4 4 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices Sargento Ultra Thin Baby Swiss cheese slices
- 3/4 cup Wish Bone light Thousand Island dressing, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and drain sauerkraut.
- Pound down chicken to 1/2 inch thick, for quicker and more even cooking time.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cover chicken with the sauerkraut (about 1/3 cup on each piece of chicken), 1 slice of Swiss cheese, and 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing, in that order.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook in the oven 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.
- Before serving, drizzle 1 tablespoon extra Thousand Island dressing on each piece of Reuben Chicken.
*SmartPoints® calculated by Meal Planning Mommies; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated without Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.