Using applesauce and cheerios to make these muffins these make great breakfast muffins. They are the kind of muffins you can make using the things you already have on hand. I found a variation of the recipe at a time when we had Apple Cinnamon Cheerios on hand and it made me want to try them. You can use any flavor cheerios with these, and you can substitute the apple chunks for raisins, chocolate chips, or chopped pecans. The possibilities are endless. Hope you enjoy making this one with your little ones.
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1¼ c. flour
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. applesauce or cinnamon applesauce
- ⅓ c. skim milk
- ½ c. chopped apples
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Crush Cheerios (makes 1 cup).
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottom only of 12 muffin cups.
- Mix cereal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake 12-18 minutes.
My daughter especially loved these. I loved that they can be great breakfast muffins, or they can be used as snacks or desserts. Hope you and your littles enjoy this one!
Makes 12 muffins.
1 muffin is 3 WW Smart Points.