Just four ingredients for these delicious quesadillas! Aren’t you loving the recipes this week? Quick and easy comfort foods your whole family will love.
My love for BBQ chicken started with my first job.
The first real job I had was working at Chuck E. Cheese’s. I loved it there. The happy children, the fun games, the friends I worked with, hostessing birthday parties, the pizza… all of it… but most of all I especially loved the pizza. Working Saturdays meant I was there long enough to get a break and I loved that because it gave me an excuse to order a personal pizza. The barbecue chicken pizza was my all-time favorite. They used BBQ sauce instead of marinara, and they piled on chicken, red onion and cheese. Have you ever had it? It’s so good. You have to try it sometime.
A slimmed down option for BBQ chicken lovers.
These quesadillas are a lighter option for people like me who love barbecue chicken pizza, but are trying to make smart choices. It also happens to be a great option for people who don’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Yes, you! 🙂
Get your kids in on this one.
My daughter helped me make these. I love when she helps and I get pictures of her sweet little hands helping out. She was very proud of these. Your kids may even be able to make these without you help!
This is a “Comfort Food Favorite”.
This is another recipe from Simple Nourished Living’s, Martha McKinnon, who is allowing us to share a handful of the recipes from her eCookbook this week as part of our giveaway! This quesadilla recipe can be found in her eCookbook, “Comfort Food Favorites“. If you missed our giveaway post it’s not too late.
On Saturday I will be taking all of the recipes from this week and sharing a meal plan that uses all of them. As you can imagine, the grocery list will not be that long this week with all of these four ingredient recipes! Simplicity and practicality! You won’t want to miss this meal plan and giveaway!
Here is all you need to make dinner tonight:
• 4 (8-inch) high-fiber flour tortillas
• 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
• 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
• 2/3 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
Here is what you do:
1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place it over medium heat.
2. Place one tortilla in the skillet and spread it with half the barbecue sauce. (I just had my daughter do it on the counter top and we transferred them over to the skillet after she had the ingredients on them.)
Distribute half the chicken over the barbecue sauce and then sprinkle half the cheese over it. Cover with another tortilla.
I think I over-cooked mine a tad. A little crunchy, but still tasted good.
4. Remove from the pan and place on a cutting board.
5. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another quesadilla. (I just used a double burner pan so I could do them at the same time)
6. Cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges. (I just use a pizza cutter)
One more thing: Red onion is great on these. No one in my home shares this opinion, but for me it is a fact. 😉
There, now wasn’t that so easy!?
Makes 16 slices. Four slices are 4 WW FreeStyle smart points.
- 4 (8-inch) high-fiber flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- ⅔ cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place it over medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet and spread it with half the barbecue sauce. Distribute half the chicken over the barbecue sauce and then sprinkle half the cheese over it. Cover with another tortilla.
- Cook until the cheese begins to melt and bottom of the tortilla is golden, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook the other side until golden, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Remove from the pan and place on a cutting board.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another quesadilla. (I just used a double burner pan so I could do them at the same time)
- Cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges. (I just use a pizza cutter)