Mmm… Yum! These Grilled Hawaiian Bagel Paninis are so simple and they taste delicious! You can make these in less than ten minutes by sandwiching some sliced ham, pineapple, red onion, lite mayo, Dijon mustard and cheese on a bagel thin and then grilling it. That’s all there is to it! Perfect for lunch, a snack, or dinner, you will love how easy it is to put these sandwiches together.
Make one panini… or five.
I am trying something with this recipe that I don’t do very often on Meal Planning Mommies. I am giving you the ingredient amounts for one serving, and for five servings.
Results from the reader survey that I shared yesterday are still coming in. Of the results, one thing I found particularly surprising was the number of you who are not serving 5 or more people, like I am. So far 271 of you have taken the survey at the time of me typing this post. Of those 271 people, only 19 have said they feed five or more people on a typical night for dinner!
Your responses really do make a difference.
Thanks again to everyone who has completed the ten question survey so far. Your answers to those questions really are so helpful for me to know how to serve you better with this blog. If you have not taken the survey yet, it is not too late.
I won’t be able to give the ingredient amounts for one serving with every recipe, but I will try to do it more often when it works well to do so. The nutrition facts and smart points given for each recipe will still reflect just one serving, like I have been doing. I hope this helps some of you!
Are you ready to try this yummy new spin on the old ham and cheese sandwich?
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED:
For one Grilled Hawaiian Bagel Panini:
1 ounce (this was about 3 thin slices for me) Deli sliced ham
1 Pineapple ring
1-2 Red onion slice(s)
1/2 tablespoon Kraft Lite mayo
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Sargento Ultra Thin Baby Swiss (or Provolone) cheese slice
1 bagel thin (wheat or plain)
For five Grilled Hawaiian Bagel Paninis:
5 ounces (this was about 15 thin slices for me) Deli sliced ham
5 Pineapple rings
5-10 Red onion slices
2-1/2 tablespoon Kraft Lite mayo
2-1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
5 Sargento Ultra Thin Baby Swiss (or Provolone) cheese slices
5 bagel thins (wheat or plain)
Preheat grill pan or panini press to medium heat. (Alternatively, you can set the oven to 350°F and grill these in the oven)
Open up the bagel and spread the lite mayonnaise and a Dijon mustard on one half.
- Serves: 1-5 servings
- Serving size: 1 Panini
- Calories: 227
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 439 mg
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 28 mg
- FOR ONE PANINI:
- 1 ounce (this was about 3 thin slices for me) Deli sliced ham
- 1 Pineapple ring
- 1-2 Red onion slice(s)
- ½ tablespoon Kraft Lite mayo
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Sargento Ultra Thin Baby Swiss (or Provolone) cheese slice
- 1 bagel thin (wheat or plain)
- FOR FIVE PANINIS:
- 5 ounces (this was about 15 thin slices for me) Deli sliced ham
- 5 Pineapple rings
- 5-10 Red onion slices
- 2-1/2 tablespoon Kraft Lite mayo
- 2-1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 Sargento Ultra Thin Baby Swiss (or Provolone) cheese slices
- 5 bagel thins (wheat or plain)
- Open up the bagel and spread on the lite mayonnaise and a Dijon mustard on one side.
- Stack ham, cheese, red onion, and pineapple on the other side of the bagel.
- Top with the side of the bagel that has the mayo and mustard and grill for 5 minutes on each side or you can bake the sandwiches in a 350°F oven for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
↓ ↓ ↓ Save this recipe on Pinterest for later! ↓ ↓ ↓