I made this Beefy Penne Pasta recipe last night and it was SO yummy! It’s an Italian style recipe that is simple to make, it tastes delicious, and it is filling! You’ll love it.
Recipes with ingredients you can find at Aldi.
Sarah and I were talking, a few weeks back, about doing some recipes that would require only ingredients that you can find at Aldi and then creating a meal plan that would allow you to do all your shopping for the week at Aldi. As much as I love Aldi for their great food at low prices, I have found that there are week’s when they do not have all the ingredients I need so I end up having to go to another grocery store too. It’s not a problem. I like Aldi enough that I don’t mind really, but it would be nice to have one week where I know all the groceries I need can be found in one place. This recipe is a “You-can-get-these-ingredients-at-Aldi” recipe.
Here is what you need:
1 cup uncooked penne pasta
1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
1-1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Here is what you do:
Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Scoop one cup of the penne mixture into your serving bowl. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese over each bowl and allow to melt.
This recipe makes 6 (1 cup penne beef mixture with 2 tbsp. cheese) servings.
One serving is 6 WW FreeStyle SP.
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
- 1-1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or a large pot, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add spinach; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta and stir into the beef mixture.
- Scoop one cup of the penne mixture into your serving bowl. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese over each bowl and allow to melt.
This recipe was inspired by a Taste of Home recipe. Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
*SmartPoints® calculated by Meal Planning Mommies; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated without Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.