At just 3 Weight Watcher FreeStyle Smart Points per serving, this Italian chopped salad has just enough protein and carbs (from the pasta, cheese and bacon) to keep you satisfied and just enough fiber (from the romaine and tomatoes) to make you feel good. By adding just five simple ingredients to a bed of romaine you can prepare a simple salad that can be used as an entree or a side salad.
Here are the five ingredients you will be adding to the romaine lettuce in this recipe:
- Fat-Free Italian dressing. I just used our store’s generic brand. They are all pretty similar. The dressing I used was just 15 calories for 2 tablespoons and you only use 1 tablespoon for one serving, so it adds the flavor without the guilt.
- Rotini. I used Creamette 150 Rotini. It has 25% less calories than the original kind, but you can’t taste the difference. You could use pretty much any rotini and have similar results. Measurements are similar whether the pasta is cooked or not, so to get one cup cooked use about one cup uncooked.
- Reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese. I used a block of cheese and cut it into really little pieces and measured out 1/4 cup, which is about 1 ounce cheese.
- Bacon. 2 slices traditional sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled into little pieces.
- Chopped tomato. Use as much or as little as you like. I used one medium tomato and chopped it into little pieces.
Sounds easy, right? That’s because it is. Add this salad into your meal plan on a day when you need a simple recipe that is low in smart points.
8 cups romaine salad blend
1 cup chopped tomatoes (about 1 medium tomato)
1 cup Creamette 150 Rotini Pasta, cooked
2 slices crisp cooked bacon
1 ounce (about 1/4 cup) Sharp Cheddar cheese cut into small pieces
1/4 cup fat-free Italian dressing
Here is what you do:
Cook bacon and pasta.
Chop tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
Once bacon is cooked, break it into little pieces. Once pasta is cooked, drain pasta.
Assemble salads. For those counting points, serve 2 cups romaine with 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1/4 cup cooked pasta, 1/2 slice of bacon, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1 tablespoon Italian dressing. Mix together.
Makes 4 salads.
One salad is 2 cups romaine, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1/4 cup pasta, 1/2 slice of bacon, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1 tablespoon Italian dressing.
One salad is 3 WW FreeStyle Smart Points.
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 2 c. romaine, ¼ c. tomatoes, ¼ c. pasta, ½ slice of bacon, 1 Tbsp. cheese, and 1 Tbsp. Italian dressing
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 309 mg
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 12 mg
- 8 cups romaine salad blend
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (about 1 medium tomato)
- 1 cup Creamette 150 Rotini Pasta, cooked
- 2 slices crisp cooked bacon
- 1 ounce (about ¼ cup) Sharp Cheddar cheese cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup fat-free Italian dressing
- Cook bacon and pasta.
- Chop tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Once bacon is cooked, break it into little pieces. Once pasta is cooked, drain pasta.
- Assemble salads. For those counting points, serve 2 cups romaine with ¼ cup tomatoes, ¼ cup pasta, ½ slice of bacon, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1 tablespoon Italian dressing. Mix together.
↓ Pin this recipe for later ↓Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
*SmartPoints® calculated by Meal Planning Mommies; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated without Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.