This has been a week of sharing some of our family favorite recipes that have been passed down through generations… tweaked to be Gluten and Soy free.
I have really enjoyed going through old recipes and making them allergy friendly!
Today is a bonus recipe. My mom’s coffee cake made gluten free.
My mom made this coffee cake for us as dessert, breakfast and just for a snack. It is a recipe that has fond memories and one that got us excited as kids when we knew it was baking in the oven.
I hope your family enjoys it just as much as mine does!
- 1½ C Gluten Free Flour with xantham gum(make sure your flour does NOT contain, salt or baking soda)
- ¾ C sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ C softened butter
- ¾ C milk
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ C packed brown sugar
- ¼ C gluten free flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 T firm butter
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Beat vigorously for ½ minute
- Spread into a greased round cake pan
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until wooden toothpick comes out clean
- Serve Warm