I don’t know about your kids, but mine love spaghetti! This kid-friendly dinner is easy to put together and fun to eat. Your kids will love making their own noodle face with their spaghetti and garlic bread. I found this recipe idea on the Aldi website and I just thought it was too cute not to share. Stacey in the Aldi test kitchen called it “Messy Locks Pasta”.
- Spaghetti noodles
- Spaghetti sauce
- garlic bread
- red bell pepper
- black olives
- Prepare the garlic bread as instructed on packaging.
- Cook pasta as instructed on packaging.
- When the garlic bread is cook, cut a triangle on each side.
- Put two black olives on the bread, for eyes.
- Cut a small slice of the red bell pepper and make that the smile.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the noodles and heat through.
- Use the cooked pasta to make gorgeous locks of hair.
It really is as simple as it looks.
Cook the garlic bread.
Cook the spaghetti.
Add sauce. (be sure to check out Sarah’s Amazinsauce, if you are looking for a great spaghetti sauce recipe) I just used jarred spaghetti sauce.
Make a face shape with your garlic bread and add some “eyes” (black olives) and a “smile” (sliced red pepper).
Now you get to play with your food! Your kids can comb the “hair” with their “dinglehopper”. 🙂
Moms will love this dinner idea because it is easy to make.
Kids will love it because it is fun to eat.
Dads will love it because both mom and the kids are all happy at the same time. 🙂
Hope you enjoy your dinner. If you make this feel free to leave a comment and link to a picture of your experience with us. We would love to see your noodle faces!