This is a “dump-the-ingredients-in-the-slow-cooker-and-walk-away-while-it-does-its-magic” kind of recipe. The best kind, right? The vinaigrette just cooks right into the chicken and veggies, so they are moist and tender. I intentionally made this recipe simple and low in WW Smart Points.
Two times when this recipe will serve you well…
- You can save this recipe for a day when you literally have less than five minutes to put dinner together and on the table. Take just a few minutes, 4 to 6 hours before you plan to eat this, to stick the ingredients in the slow cooker, and then when it is time to eat, all you have to do is put it on a plate and eat it.
- Or you can save this recipe for a day when you want to make up for eating a little too much earlier in the day or the week. With zero point chicken and green beans, this recipe is just 2 Weight Watchers Smart Points per serving.
About those shallots.
Do you ever use shallots in your recipes? Shallots are like onions, only cuter. Their flavor is richer, sweeter, and a little more mild when compared to the onion. When you cut into shallots, you will see that they are similar to garlic in the way they grow in clusters. Since their flavor resembles an onion, you could easily swap out the 2 shallots in this recipe for 1/2 of a small onion chopped, and you’ll have similar results.
I sliced my shallots because I knew my husband would want to be able to easily push the shallots off of his serving. If you are feeding onion/shallot lovers, you can chop them nice and small for this recipe, if you prefer.
Are you ready to try a healthy, quick, and easy recipe that is low in Smart Points?
Here is what you need:
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 shallots, sliced or chopped
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
16 ounces (about 4 cups) frozen snap green beans
4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Here is what you do:
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, shallots, mustard, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Add green beans to the slow cooker and top with the chicken. Pour the vinaigrette over the chicken and green beans.
Cook in slow cooker 4-6 hours on low heat.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Green Beans with Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces (about 4 cups) frozen snap green beans
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, shallots, mustard, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add green beans to the slow cooker and top with the chicken. Pour the vinaigrette over the chicken and green beans.
- Cook in slow cooker 4-6 hours on low heat.
- Serve warm.
*SmartPoints® calculated by Meal Planning Mommies; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated without Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.