Gluten free and Weight Watcher friendly!
Did you buy quinoa for the Southwest Quinoa Salad last week and need a new reason to use some of the extra quinoa in your cupboard? You might want to give this meatloaf a try. I found this recipe in one of my old Weight Watcher cookbooks, Love It, Cook It, Eat It. It’s a great cookbook, but it was published when Weight Watchers was doing Points+ so you have to do the math to figure out smart points. Each slice of this meatloaf was WW 5 points+ with the old plan, but with the new system it is only
4 WW smart points 3 WW FreeStyle Smart Points per slice! Quinoa being one of the main ingredients in this meatloaf keeps it healthy, but it also keeps it gluten-free too! No need for breadcrumbs! Zucchini bulks up this meatloaf without adding any smart points.
This meatloaf smells wonderful and tastes delicious. I can’t wait for you to try it.
Here is what you need:
1/2 cup quinoa
1 zucchini, shredded
2 large egg whites
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound ground skinless turkey breast
Here is what you do:
Cook quinoa according to package directions.
I shredded the zucchini and chopped the red onion while the quinoa is cooking and oven is preheating. I used the Pampered Chef veggie stripper to grate the zucchini, but you can use a regular grater too.
Mix shredded zucchini, egg whites, onion, parsley, Italian seasoning, 1/4 cup ketchup, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Add turkey and quinoa and mix well.
Transfer mixture to baking pan.
Brush remaining ketchup evenly over meatloaf.
Bake 50-55 minutes or until cooked through.
Let stand 5 minutes and cut into 6 equal slices.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground skinless turkey breast
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- While quinoa is cooking, preheat oven to 375°F. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper. (I used a 5 x 5 but you can use a larger pan if you like)
- Mix shredded zucchini, egg whites, onion, parsley, Italian seasoning, ¼ cup ketchup, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add turkey and quinoa and mix well. Transfer mixture to baking pan. Brush remaining ketchup evenly over meatloaf.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes and cut into 6 equal slices.
Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
*SmartPoints® calculated by Meal Planning Mommies; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated without Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.