These lettuce wraps can be put together in less than five minutes, making them a perfect anytime snack, lunch, or dinner! If you are looking for a more traditional Turkey Reuben sandwich, we have the perfect recipe here. If you are ready to change things up a bit, keep reading…
The inspiration for this recipe.
The inspiration for these quick and easy lettuce wraps comes from traditional Turkey Reuben sandwiches that normally include turkey, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Thousand Island dressing on bread. I decided to swap out the sauerkraut with broccoli coleslaw mix. Plus, in an effort to bring down the carbs and up the nutrients, I replaced the bread with large romaine lettuce leaves.
“I just need to eat something healthy,” I told my friend the other day. Between hotdogs, cheeseburgers, and take-out food, we have not been eating very healthy lately in the Hughes house, and I just knew I needed to get some fresh produce in my system. This recipe is 6 WW FreeStyle Smart Points per lettuce wrap, which doesn’t sound super impressive, but these generous lettuce wraps are packed with lots of great nutrients and is perfect for a day when you have eaten unhealthy and just need a boost of good-for-you foods.
Ideas to help bring the Smart Points down.
- Cut Swiss cheese in half and use just one slice with each lettuce wrap, instead of two.
- Use less salad dressing. You can leave out the step at the end where you drizzle an extra 1 tablespoon of dressing on the top of the lettuce wraps.
- Use less sliced turkey. You can use one ounce, instead of two, on each lettuce wrap.
- Leave out the turkey or Swiss cheese, making a vegetarian or dairy-free version.
- Swap out the “light Thousand Island dressing” for the Walden Farms Low Fat dressing. (See below for options of Thousand Island dressings.)
Thousand Island Dressings that are low in WW Smart Points.
I personally have not used the Walden Farms low fat Thousand Island dressing, so I did not suggest it in this recipe, but it is the lowest Thousand Island dressing in Smart Points, so you may want to give it a try. If you use the Walden Farms brand, it will save you 1 WW SP per lettuce wrap. Two tablespoons of the Walden Farms Thousand Island dressing is just 1 WW Smart Point, where all the others are at least 2-3 (or more) Smart Points for two tablespoons!
Here is a short list of Thousand Island dressings, organized by how many Smart Points they are for 2 tablespoons…
(affiliate links included)
1 WW SP per 2 tablespoons
2 WW SP per 2 tablespoons
- Wish Bone Light Thousand Island Dressing
- Kraft Fat-Free Thousand Island Dressing
- Publix Fat-Free Thousand Island Dressing
- ShopRite Fat-Free Thousand Island Dressing
- Shurfresh Light Thousand Island Dressing
3 WW SP per 2 tablespoons
- Ken’s Steak House Lite Thousand Island Dressing
- Great Value Light Creamy Thousand Island Dressing
- Wegman’s Light Thousand Island Dressing
- Jimmy’s Lite Thousand Island Dressing
The sliced turkey and sliced cheese I used.
You can use any sliced turkey, but I chose to use the Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Blackened Turkey Breast.
You can use any thin-sliced Swiss cheese, but the kind I used was Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss cheese.
Are you ready to give these new Turkey Reuben Lettuce Wraps a go?
Here is what you need:
4 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
1/2 cup light Thousand Island salad dressing, divided
8 thin sliced Swiss cheese slices
4 large romaine lettuce leaves
8 ounces thin sliced blackened turkey slices
Here is what you do:
In a medium bowl, mix together coleslaw mix and 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing.
Place two slices Swiss cheese on each lettuce leaf. Then, top each with 2 ounces turkey slices (this was about 5 slices on each for the kind I got). Scoop one cup of the coleslaw mix on top of each lettuce wrap and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon Thousand Island dressing.
Makes 4 lettuce wraps.
One lettuce wrap is 6 WW FreeStyle Smart Points.
- Serves: 4 lettuce wraps
- Serving size: 1 lettuce wrap
- Calories: 249
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 905 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
- 4 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- ½ cup light Thousand Island salad dressing, divided
- 8 thin sliced Swiss cheese slices
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 ounces thin sliced Blackened turkey slices
- In a medium bowl, mix together coleslaw mix and ¼ cup Thousand Island dressing.
- Place two slices Swiss cheese on each lettuce leaf. Then, top each with 2 ounces turkey slices. (about 5 slices on each)
- Scoop one cup of the coleslaw mix on top of each lettuce wrap and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon Thousand Island dressing.
Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
*SmartPoints® calculated by Meal Planning Mommies; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated without Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.